Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Foot in Front of the Other: Pub Crawl





I'm co-chair of a great new young leaders group thought United Way called ADVANCE. Our goal is to develop a volunteer force of young leaders in our community. One of our first big events was a pub crawl....we had coach buses and stopped at some fun bars on the way to Litchfield. I was a bus hostess and was excited about the event, I had friends signed up to go (including Jamie!) and planned on being the pregnant lady mingling with everyone and making sure everyone was safe. Well, plans changed. It's hard to meet new people when I don't feel like myself. For the record, I really didn't feel like dancing, but I got myself on the dance floor and was proud. :) I know I have to let myself have the hard times, but I also need to make the best of the great life we have.
So, I'll go into the fun stuff: I got to hang out with my hubbie and good friends, I ended up with a sweet Choo Choo Mill Bar & Grill hat, Barb scored something awesome from each bar, we played fun "Minute to Win It" type games, and everyone seemed to have a great time! Hopefully we are on our way to a volunteer force!
P.S. Anita--I tried your favorite drink! Yummy, but I think I can only handle one at a time--they are sweeter than I am used to! It got me thinking they'd be yummy blended with ice in the summer. :)










Again, it was hard, but we did it! Together.










No comments: