Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One Foot in Front of the Other: Children's Museum





Two days after we found out about our loss, we all stayed home and knew that a family day is what we needed. We knew we needed to DO something--we certainly didn't want to spend another day crying on the couch. We needed to be strong for Griffin. Our options in town were limited and since I had surgery, I couldn't go sledding or do much physically. I was feeling pretty mopey that we may be stuck inside all day crying, crying, crying. I was trying to find options online when Jamie yelled up to me, "What about the Children's Museum?" This was at 9:15. We threw on hats and by 9:45 we were in the car. On the way down I realized that the place would be full of pregnant women and babies--EEK! Jamie said a good statement that I have had to repeat many times in the last week, "That is their life, and this is ours. And, our life is good." True, after all, I do have the most wonderful, loving and understanding husband in the world! :)

We had lunch (Jamie bought a homeless woman a meal which was one of the highlights of my day), watched Griffin play at the Children's Museum while we held hands constantly, went to the Choo Choo Bob store and had a nice dinner at the Tavern on Grand.

WE DID IT! We put one foot in front of the other and did the best we could with a really terrible day.

No comments: