Saturday, October 27, 2012

So, what does Griffin think of his brother?

We get that question a lot....what does Griffin think of his brother?  How is the transition going from being an only child to having a sibling?

I'm not going to lie...it's been fabulous!  I truly think Griffin was completely ready to have a sibling....and he truly WANTED a sibling.  I remember being in the Target parking lot one day well before Preston was born and he pointed to a family and he asked why they had so many and why we only had one, I asked, "So many what?"  His response, "Kids."  He has always wanted more kids in our family, and so did we.  We are so incredibly grateful that we have been blessed with Preston.

Here are a few fun things that Griffin does and says:

Most days in the morning when Griffin wakes up he will typically yell for me. I walk upstairs and he asks if I brought "the little guy".  When I tell him yes, he says, "Good, I made some room for him."  Then they snuggle in bed together.  

Griffin shares his coveted white blanket with Preston.  This is a VERY big deal. :)

On the first day that Preston went to daycare with Griffin, Griffin woke up and threw his hands in the air and said, "This is the day I have been waiting for!!"  Of course, that was a very tough day for me, but it made it easier knowing that Griffin was so happy and that they were together.  Mary our daycare provider sent me a photo of Griffin smiling ear to ear holding Preston.  She said that anytime he made a peep he ran over there to help and that he was so proud to have a little brother at daycare.  Before Preston was born, he was the only one without a sibling.

Whenever we read books he makes sure that Preston can see all of the pages.

The other day he asked me to bring Preston up to watch Transformers with him, because he knew Preston would want to see it, too.

When is snowed for the first time Griffin was thrilled that Preston could see his first snow fall!  He had me get Preston's snowsuit, hat and mittens out immediately!

The other night we brought the bath seat upstairs and had the boys take a bath together.  Griffin was dancing around he was so happy!  He made bubble beards for both of them.

My parents told Griffin that they would have a special night just for him, he told them he wanted Preston to be there, too!

I can't begin to tell you how happy all of this makes us.  It's amazing to see Griffin have such complete and genuine joy over his little brother.  And, we feel exactly the same way!!


No comments: